Floating Other option in Autocomplete

11-19-2019 10:02 AM
SamanthaWright
New Contributor

Hi there,

I'm trying to track employee participation at several events so we're having people sign in using survey. The select_one list has over 800 employees names in the dropdown and we're positive that we're missing some names. To make it simpler to enter names, I put an autocomplete so they can begin typing. It would be nice that if their name wasn't in the dropdown that the choice "other" would be floating at the bottom as they attempt to type their name--is there a way to do this? I already have the "Other" question set up, but I'm not sure if this is a choice filter situation or if it can even work with the autocomplete appearance. Screenshot attached of what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

Samantha

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Samantha,

Are you using the select_one 'choice name' or_other configuration in the question type to add the Other choice, or are you doing this as a choice in the list and using a relevant statement? There are two ways to do it.

Unfortunately, either way, the Other choice gets treated as a text value that is filtered when you start typing, so unless you type O the other choice will not show unless the entire list is shown.

The other way you could do it is to make the Other choice in the actual list, move it to top of the list, and then use a relevant selected statement to show the additional text box with Other is selected.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos