Filter Related Table Records?

04-24-2018 09:29 AM
SueJohnston
New Contributor III

Hello,
I've created a survey for Park Inspections that uses Repeats to enable the inspector to take multiple photos of violations if necessary.  So I have multiple questions, all with their own repeat for photos.  So i have a lot of related tables, 24 to be exact.  My issue is when I try to view the data on a map, i don't want to have to open every related table to see which one has a photo in it.  Is there a way for me to query the related tables to only show the ones that have photos?

I'd be interested in hearing other approaches as well if my process is too cumbersome.

TIA!

Sue

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sue

Unfortunately this functionality is not supported in Survey123.

We are looking at adding support for images in the Analyze tab of the survey123 website. This would mean that you could visualise all collected photos in one place (album style) and then you could navigate to the associated feature. Would this meet you requirements if this worked for related tables?

Thanks

John

SueJohnston
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response Johnathan,

Unfortunately, in this instance I don't believe it would.  My current idea for the workflow is to have the survey completed in the field and then have a supervisor edit the survey, adding comments from the web map side.  So ideally the supervisor would be able to see the photo from the web map, not from the survey123 website.

I think my work around in not being able to filter the related tables is by using the pop up.  I'm customizing it so that only certain results show in the pop up and those said results will be the related tables that have photos.

I do like the idea of having the photos in one place, album style, I can see that being useful.

Thanks again for the reply!

Sue

0 Kudos