Filling a choice list with data from a feature layer with the search() appearance

2 weeks ago
Hegik
by
New Contributor III

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to set up multiple surveys, that can reference each other. I have already done a lot of research, so I will try to keep it short.

With the first Survey you can create a polygon with a name.

With the second survey you can create a point inside one of the polygons of the first survey. The name of the polygon is fetched via the 'pulldata' calculation, which works great.

Now to the third and not so well working survey: I want it to have two drop down, single choice menus. The first menu should contain all the entries of a field in the result feature layer of the first survey. This is what I have written in the appearance field:

autocomplete search('auftrag_liste?url=https://*****/arcgis/rest/services/Hosted/BK_Auftrag_Sicht/FeatureServer/1', 'contains', 'auftrag_id', ${auftrag_id})

The second drop down menu is similar, but the choices get pre filtered based on the first drop down menu:

autocomplete search('bohrpkt_liste?url=https://*****/arcgis/rest/services/Hosted/BK_Bohrpunkt/FeatureServer/0', 'contains', 'bohrpunkt_id', ${bohrpunkt}, 'auftrag', ${auftrag_id})

The ‘searchColumn’, ‘searchText’, ‘filterColumn’, ‘filterText’ parts are correct I think because I kind of get the result I am looking for.

Now the strange part: After I publish the survey and view it in Survey123 Connect, there is a little "cloud-download" symbol on the left of the dropdown menu, but it is flickering very strangely. If I try to expand the dropdown menus they only show for a split of a second, before disappearing again, but I can see the correct choices from the feature layer in there. Kind of weird, but the survey is intended to be used at a desktop PC, so I load the survey in a web browser. The fields are there and have "-please choose-' written in them, but they don't have a drop down button. You can't even write something in them.

Here is a list of other things I already did:

• Define the list in the 'choices' table like the documentation told me
  • Made everything public
  • Connected a WebMap containing all layers mentioned above

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

If you are able to see the values correctly at first, I wonder if it relates to other ArcGIS Online service issues I've been noticing in the past couple hours. I'd almost say wait and try again tomorrow to see if it works properly, or has this been an ongoing issue with them flickering out for a while now?

0 Kudos
Hegik
by
New Contributor III

It has been like this since last week. I already spent a couple hours troubleshooting it, but this is the best result I was able to produce. I read about a bug with the survey123 and enterprise connection, but it has already been fixed in 3.13 if I remember the version right.

In survey123 connect it feels like it will never stop refreshing the list and on the survey123 website it feels like it is trying once, but can't get the list.

0 Kudos