File Type error when editing submitted survey if upload document is Required

01-26-2022 05:17 PM
NaeimBabaii
New Contributor II

Hi, 

i have few "file type" questions in my survey that are "required"

these questions are under different section of survey that don't get submitted at once.

this means the field user go for first part of inspection and capture some information also upload few excel sheets and submit the survey - (no problem at stage)

then user comes into office and edit the survey from Inbox and tick on and complete other section of inspection attache more excel sheet to required upload file question type.

when user goes to submit the survey it gets warning that  previously completed upload file question are missing the file upload and you have to upload the file again !? and takes you to your earlier section with file attachment. and in the same time there is no clip-note to click and add the file !?

i hope i haven't get everyone confused ! i know when you copy to new inspection from Inbox you don't get the attached photo and file to come over but it should work when you edit the inspection from Inbox and also the second problem that it missing the clip-note icon to add those files.

i'll appreciate your thoughts on this

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could try checking the edit move in the required.

See here  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/editing-from-inbox-can-i-make-some-fields-r...

Hope that helps

Tags (1)
NaeimBabaii
New Contributor II

Hi @DougBrowning ,

Thanks for your reply. This solution woks when you only have one set of file upload but my survey is quite complex (over 750 line on xlsx lines ) with multiple upload file questions. some of these file will be added to the survey during the field survey but some need to be uploaded when the user is back in the office.

so for me the work around is possibly something that can detect if the file has been already uploaded ?! if yes then don't show the Required upload file question in Edit mode any more and let the user upload the file in Inbox Edit mode for the upload file questions that have not been populated. 

let me know if you can think of any solution.

Thanks again

Naeim

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

string-length > 0 might work.  not sure