Select to view content in your preferred language

File question type: need to add attachments from Inbox

Jump to solution
08-01-2024 01:23 PM
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

I need to use "file" question because users want to add many (like 50) files to the survey. "image" question can only add one by one. When they open the survey from Inbox, the file question disabled. The file button doesn't show up.

I added "multiline" to appearance and "query allowUpdates=true" to bind::esri:parameters. 

Can someone tell me how to make it work?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

My apologies. I apparently don't have any surveys right now that include both a file question outside of repeats and use the inbox.

The "file" question (aka, attachments) are actually not supported with the Inbox yet. See: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/attachments-in-survey123-field-app/m-p/1185...

As such, what you are seeing is "intentional". Hopefully they get this fixed after the next major release. However, I wouldn't hold my breath. They are currently only working on moving S123 from Qt to .NET Maui (with no ETA yet).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

When opening from the inbox, you need to set query

Try this (set it for your file question, and any repeats that you may wish to update from the Inbox):

abureaux_1-1722629126830.png

EDIT: Caps are important. Please enter like this:

query allowUpdates=true

0 Kudos
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I added this to all my "file" questions, and the one outside of repeat doesn't work - the button doesn't show up.

YukoYokozawa_0-1722873453733.png

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

My apologies. I apparently don't have any surveys right now that include both a file question outside of repeats and use the inbox.

The "file" question (aka, attachments) are actually not supported with the Inbox yet. See: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/attachments-in-survey123-field-app/m-p/1185...

As such, what you are seeing is "intentional". Hopefully they get this fixed after the next major release. However, I wouldn't hold my breath. They are currently only working on moving S123 from Qt to .NET Maui (with no ETA yet).

0 Kudos
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

Hi abureaux, thanks for your response. I understood. So, at this point, file attachment question works only inside the repeats. Well, it's better than not working at all. I'll talk to my users what they want to do. 

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

Today, I just discovered that the file questions in repeat are working. I have one file question outside of repeat and it's not working. I added the query allowUpdates=true to all the file questions. 

0 Kudos