I created a survey from an existing feature service. I added questions, changed types of questions. When I go to publish the survey I get an error. The error reads "3 field(s) not found in feature service".
1) How do I fix this or what did I do to cause the problem?
2) how do I figure out which fields the errors are coming from?
This is caused by adding questions - Survey123 Connect is checking to see if all the question entries (including notes that have a name) are in the feature service for submitting data. Either fields will need to be added to store the values from the survey, or you can set a question as temporary 'in-form' (not submit it's value) by sending the bind::esri:esriFieldType to null.
Thanks. So there is no way to add a question to add or change an existing question? I added the or_other to three questions because I realized I had no way of adding all the choices to those 3 questions.
I've had this question before and I believe the answer is that you can add a field without it deleting any data, as on as you insert a new line.
I've asked if Esri would remove the WARNING for added features because the end-user doesn't care if the service adds new fields as long as it doesn't delete our data. Maybe you can get this fixed for us. This warning scares me every time.
I have been modifying this survey all day and my feature service is exactly the same as the last time it was actually successful. The error message varies, sometimes i have the abliity to add the field to the feature service if it doesn't exist, but not in this case. I just get an error message Fields not found in the feature service: 1 - but not indication as to what the offending field actually is.
I have reviewed the structure of the feature service vs the structure of the XLSConnect form and they are the same so i can't see why i'm now getting this error. It's very bizarre. Can anybody help with this? Running Survey123 Connect 3.10
You said you were modifying all day but the feature service is the same. There are so many questions here.
1. Are you cutting and pasting fields from the original location into a repeat?
If so remember that Survey123 needs a new name for the repeat, Survey123 sees it as a duplicate, because the feature service still holds on to the field.
You might want to move your project survey123 folder (mine is here C:\Users\USERNAME\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs) to your desktop as a backup, and redownload the good version from Connect. Make changes and publish after each change, so you can see what is breaking the survey. I had to do this before and you will learn a lot about what you can and can't do. Mine was that I used a name that wasn't allowed.
I'll watch for your reply.
Thanks Michelle Williams
I think I ended up fixing it but I tried that many things that I am unsure as to what I actually did to fix it.
I now have a different problem where if I test from the webmap in AGOL on the desktop it sends the GlobalID to a field called parentGlobalID and it works. If I launch the survey from the same URL in either Explorer on Android or the iPad then it doesn't actually send and populate the field. I'm not sure why there would be a difference. I'm launching the survey123 app in windows and launching the field app in both iOS and Android. It's a problem relating to the same survey but slightly different to this so i might ask a new question.