Fields hidden using visible column are not suppressing required in 3.12

Jump to solution
03-05-2021 09:50 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Today in 3.12 I am seeing the fields hidden using the visible column are not turning off required.  Early betas this happened but it was fixed.  It sticks the form on the user and they cannot go forward.

Did this bug come back?  Seeing in connect and app.

Visible column requireds not working.gif

So far it seems to just stop on a random field in the hidden group, if I remove that one it ignores the rest somehow.  Plus there are some in front of it somehow skipping.  I think it may be the first in a nested repeat or something. Very strange.

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @DougBrowning

Thank you for reporting this! The issue is specific to using the body::esri:visible column mixed with repeat counts. I've gone ahead and logged an issue in our internal database for this behavior. 

A couple of workarounds could be: 

- Move the expression from the body::esri:visible column to the relevant column, or move it to the body::esri:visible column of the repeat instead of the group. 

- Keep the body::esri:visible expression where it is and change the required statement from "yes" to the same expression as the body::esri:visible expression. 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @DougBrowning

Thank you for reporting this! The issue is specific to using the body::esri:visible column mixed with repeat counts. I've gone ahead and logged an issue in our internal database for this behavior. 

A couple of workarounds could be: 

- Move the expression from the body::esri:visible column to the relevant column, or move it to the body::esri:visible column of the repeat instead of the group. 

- Keep the body::esri:visible expression where it is and change the required statement from "yes" to the same expression as the body::esri:visible expression. 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach