Field workers cannot delete survey records?

06-23-2022 09:26 AM
KerryKang
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, 

My client who holds a field worker account needs to manage their survey dataset directly including a deleting functionalities. I've set up the setting like below 'Add, update, and delete records (read access enabled).

KerryKang_0-1656001247389.png

The field worker account could click 'delete' from the Data page of the Survey123 website, and seemed working,  but the the record comes back after deleting. So it looks like the button is activated but it actually does not delete it.

I am not sure if I miss any additional settings or it's a bug? or field workers are not supposed to delete any records?

Thank you.

Kerry

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @KerryKang

If you refresh the page does the record still display? Was you survey published from Survey123 Connect or the web designer? What is the response of the deleteFeatures request when the user deletes the feature? 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
KerryKang
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @ZacharySutherby 

After I click the delete button, the highlight (selection) colour on the record is moved to the next line, but the record I tried to delete is still there. Also I still see all test data after refreshing the page.

The survey was built back on 2020 - using the connect 3.10. 

If  I access through the rest service and send delete request, it worked successfully and I can see that the record I tried to delete is not in the survey data site anymore.

KerryKang_0-1656005801870.png

Is it the error perhaps coming from using an old version of survey? 

Thank you.

Kerry

0 Kudos