Field workers can't send their surveys

07-27-2021 01:41 PM
CarlosDe_Angelo
New Contributor II

I have created a survey where users must inspect certain sites in the field that appear in their inbox, and when visiting these sites them they can load a series of characteristics (for which a repeat is used in the form). The survey works very well, and any user with user type "creator" in my organization can use it perfectly. But when some user with a "field worker" user type wants to send a form, it seems to work but then appears the message of sending error and the number of forms that were not sent (field workers have a data editor role). The error message is not very informative, it just shows the instance name of the inspected site that couldn't be sent. The same occurs for "creator" users of a partner organization with whom I have shared the survey and the access and editing privileges of the corresponding hosted feature layer. I have tried various data sharing and editing configurations, and with different users, but the same thing always happens: only creator users in my organization can submit the forms successfully, others can access the survey, edit the forms, but they get an error when they want to send them.

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Carlos

8 Replies
RobinGoulette
New Contributor III

We are experiencing the same issue - same error code and everything. Although it does not seem to be consistent. For example: a field worker was able to submit one form; but not a different one; even though they are shared identically.

DavinWalker2
Esri Contributor

This could be that one of the inputs doesn't match the field type. 

For example trying to put a decimal into an whole number (integer) field etc.

Are you using AGOL or ArcGIS Enterprise?

0 Kudos
CarlosDeAngelo
New Contributor

Hi Davin! Thank you for your response. I'm using AGOL. I will check the inputs and field types, but if this is the problem I don't understand why the fieldworker users can't submit the surveys and a creator can. Because if in the same device I log in with my creator user I am able to submit exactly the same information that for a field worker was not possible to submit, without changing anything, just logging out the field worker and logging in the creator user, and pressing send again and it works.

0 Kudos
CarlosDe_Angelo
New Contributor II

Hello @DavinWalker2, just to let you know that I was checking my survey design, and I couldn't find any inconsistency between the field types and the data submitted. And as I mentioned before, I don't understand why one type of user is able to send the survey and another can't. I guess it is related to the user type privileges, but I don't understand which property I have to change to make this survey useful for fieldworkers.
Any other advice will be appreciated, thanks!

Carlos

0 Kudos
CristianChavarini
New Contributor III

I'm facing the same problem with that message. Maybe this happens because we have ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 and we are publishing with a most current version of Survey123 (3.12.232) . ¿Has anyone else had this doubt?

FredMitchell
Occasional Contributor

@DavinWalker2 @Anonymous User I am also having this issue. I was a bit embarrassing because we are rolling out a fairly comprehensive survey for a department in our county and we recently purchased a large set of fieldworker licenses so they could edit. Administrators can submit the survey but for some reason the fieldworker and creators can't despite having data editor or publisher roles and being in the group that the feature layer is shared in. I double checked the feature layer and it says editors can edit so I'm not sure what the deal is.

0 Kudos
Whitney_NCS
New Contributor

I was having a very similar issue where creators could submit, but Field Workers couldn't, but my solution was a permissions thing. If you go to Survey123 (not survery123 connect) choose the survey in question > Collaborate > Share Survey > Who can submit survey?

It looks like when I create surveys this defaults to blank, choose the applicable option and that fixed my issue.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
DanielMurillo
Occasional Contributor

I had the issue that an Admin was able to send surveys from Inbox folder and the Mobile Workers could not. After checking the logs on the app, we saw this:

"code": 400, "details": [ "'edits' parameter is invalid", "Geometry update not allowed.", "Unable to apply edits."

Checking the service, it the Advanced Settings it had checked the option to 'Update Attributes Only' and not the 'Attributes and Geometry', by checking this last one we were able to send surveys with Mobile Workers.

Just in case anybody is having the same issue.

0 Kudos