Field-List appearance not working in S123 web

03-29-2022 05:59 AM
CN
by
New Contributor III

The field-list appearance setting works great in connect and in the iOS and android version of S123 but does not format to have multiple questions on one line for S123 web. Is this not supported or do I need to configure things differently?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @CN,

The field-list appearance is supported in the web app. Would you be able to share your XLSForm so we can take a closer look to see if it's a configuration issue?

Thanks,
-Barbara

0 Kudos
CN
by
New Contributor III

I was able to get an acceptable look in Connect and the iOS and Native app but not the web format.  see below is how it looks (acceptable) in Connect and iOS.  If you know how i can get this look in the web....i'm all ears.  Thanks.  So it's essentially a grid look.  

CN_0-1648579943461.png

Here is a screen grab of the xls configuration.....pretty straight forward

CN_1-1648580153828.png

0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

When a field-list appearance is applied to a group or repeat, that group/repeat will begin on a new page (the style column on the settings sheet also needs to be set to 'pages' for this).

The grid style formatting that's in the screen cap is the result of a grid layout style, which is configured by setting the style column on the settings sheet to 'fixed-grid' or 'dynamic-grid' (or the legacy 'theme-grid' option) and then configuring the column widths with the 'w#' tags like you have done. 

The field-list appearance is supported in the web app, but unfortunately the grid style formatting is not. 

CN
by
New Contributor III

Thanks Barbara....So no way possible in S123 web to get 5 survey questions per row like i have working in Connect and S123 iOS?  Assuming not?  Do you know of another web solution i could use to accomplish this?   On a tight schedule. Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

There isn't currently a way to get multiple questions on one line in the web app. Groups and pages are the primary methods of organization that are supported in the web app. There is an existing ArcGIS Survey123 Idea for this enhancement you wanted to upvote it.

At the moment no other web solutions for what you're trying to do come to mind, but I will be sure to send an update if I come across something. You could look at app linking to generate a link that will automatically download and open the survey in the field app on the iOS device. 

-Barbara

0 Kudos