Feature layer not created when survey published

02-23-2023 09:48 AM
janderson_ksninc
Occasional Contributor

I have created a survey in Survey123 Connect from a hosted feature layer and have filled out some test surveys so I can configure my report form. However, when I look at my survey data in the Survey123 web app, I do not see the points of the survey locations. I checked my survey folder and it appears that a feature layer of survey locations was not generated when I published my survey. When I initially published my survey, I unchecked the option to create a web map since I already had a map of the feature layer the survey is based on. I believe that I should have kept the web map option checked. 

Is there anyway to have the survey generate a feature layer or do I need to create a new survey from scratch and publish?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @janderson_ksninc

In your XLSform for the survey on the settings worksheet is there anything set for the submission_url? 

Disabling the option to create the web map should have no impact on feature service creation. The only impact on Survey123 creating a feature service or not is if a value is set in the submission_url of the XLSForm. 

Another thing to check would be the item details page of the survey form item in your content. On the item details page of the survey form item there will be a Layers section and will link to the feature service the survey is pointing to: 

ZacharySutherby_0-1677286207116.png

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
janderson_ksninc
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @janderson_ksninc

Since there was a submission_url present in the XLSForm Survey123 Connect won't create a feature service on publish and will use the feature service with item ID 5f1ca2716f994b9c9788a09b5ef7ff2a as the service to submit data to. Please see this documentation for more information: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/survey123withexistingfeatureservices.htm

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos