'Failed to submit' error - Survey 123

Jump to solution
04-14-2021 02:43 AM
CelineLooten
New Contributor II

Hi everyone!

I use Survey 123 for different surveys to collect data from our customers. Recently we got an error when clicking the submit button 'Failed to submit', there is no further information about the error. I found it really strange as I have not changed anything to the survey at all since I created it. Also I submitted a survey when logged in to my GIS account and I can submit it however when not logged in there is always this error. Can you help?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hm. I see the request being sent to the service URL, but when I look at it, I don't see the edit capability.

jcarlson_1-1618413679526.png

Normally, going to ...FeatureServer/layerIndex/applyEdits brings you to something like this:

jcarlson_2-1618413740723.png

I would guess then that the problem is with the feature service, not the survey itself. Can you double-check the editing settings on the fieldworker view?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

8 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It could be that the recent update to Survey123 caused this change. In your survey's settings, is it set to use a specific version, or to always use the latest one?

The fact that you can submit while logged in suggests a sharing setting. What are the settings on the form as well as the underlying feature layer?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
CelineLooten
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply! 

I have the survey set to always use the latest version. The hosted layer is shared only with the organisation but the fieldworker and stakeholder layers are public, I've always done it this way before and never had an issue.. 

Thanks,

Céline

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hm. Could you link to the survey, by chance? If you haven't changed the editor tracking settings or anything like that, I'm not sure what it might be without taking a look at it.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
CelineLooten
New Contributor II

Hi Josh, Here is the link https://arcg.is/10ezif

Thanks,

Céline

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hm. I see the request being sent to the service URL, but when I look at it, I don't see the edit capability.

jcarlson_1-1618413679526.png

Normally, going to ...FeatureServer/layerIndex/applyEdits brings you to something like this:

jcarlson_2-1618413740723.png

I would guess then that the problem is with the feature service, not the survey itself. Can you double-check the editing settings on the fieldworker view?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
CelineLooten
New Contributor II

Thank you very much for the tip, I must have disabled the editing, I have enabled it and now it works! Thank you for the help! 🙂

JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi,

Which layer did you enable editing? The feature service or its view?

Also, for others who read this, remember to (re)share with the public on the Collaborate tab after making changes in the feature service settings.

0 Kudos
HaithamSaleh
New Contributor

Hi All

I have a similar issue. We use Android and IOS tablets and Ipads to collect data. The survey was working normally before. But now when we hit submit it is only vibrating not sending any data. The wired thing is: when we use survey123 on windows, it is working normally with no issues. The issue is only with tablets and Ipads.

any suggestions please

0 Kudos