Select to view content in your preferred language

Failed to submit error in Survey123 Form

Jump to solution
12-13-2023 11:19 AM
DianaTorres10
New Contributor III

My form was created using the Survey123 Connect version 3.18.123.

I have the following error when users try to submit an answer:

[{"id":0,"addResults":[{"success":false,"globalId":null,"error":{"code":10500,"description":"Database error has occurred."},"objectId":null}]}]

I'm using a pulldata calculation consuming a feature service.

I tried changing the feature service and also updating it's privacy.

Any advice?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Did they update the error message? I normally see this when a string length is exceeded:

Send Error. This survey could not be sent due to the following error: Database Error

Still a database error though.

I don't see anything odd with the XLSX, and it submits fine in a raw form. It would make sense if the data you were pulling exceeded the 255 default character length. You could try changing bind::esri:fieldLength for two of the pulldata fields to be, for example, 1000 (and just temporarily delete the other pulldata calculates). Be aware that that type of change will give you this warning:

abureaux_0-1702501812790.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

pulldata shouldn't affect submission. Any chance you can upload your XLSX?

0 Kudos
DianaTorres10
New Contributor III

Sure! 

I just removed the url from my service tho.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Did they update the error message? I normally see this when a string length is exceeded:

Send Error. This survey could not be sent due to the following error: Database Error

Still a database error though.

I don't see anything odd with the XLSX, and it submits fine in a raw form. It would make sense if the data you were pulling exceeded the 255 default character length. You could try changing bind::esri:fieldLength for two of the pulldata fields to be, for example, 1000 (and just temporarily delete the other pulldata calculates). Be aware that that type of change will give you this warning:

abureaux_0-1702501812790.png

0 Kudos
DianaTorres10
New Contributor III

@abureaux Thank you so much!

It was the first pulldata the one that gets the info form the https. I updated the lenght to 25,000 and that fixed the error.

abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Glad this is working now!

Credit where credit is due though. It was @DougBrowning that first brought up field length as a potential issue.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for that lol.  Your post was much more written out.  I should have specifically said to look at the pulldata fields since this happens a lot.

0 Kudos