Failed to render image into report

Jump to solution
03-15-2021 12:04 PM
HaroldHerrera1
Occasional Contributor

Hello all.

I have a problem with the multiple images attached to the survey form. On other occasions the reports with multiple images have been produced without a problem, however, we have had some problems when the reports with a lot of images, giving a sending error without any other related information.

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-11 at 11.42.29 AM.jpeg

In some cases, the report cannot render the images giving an error when produced.

Captura de pantalla 2021-03-15 124931.png

The images do not have a size restriction

HaroldHerrera1_0-1615834355737.png

What's could be the problem? Any idea?

@IsmaelChivite 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MaddieShields2
New Contributor II

I have encountered the same issue regarding the "Failed to render image for ${${questionName}}" error popping up in a survey that has been previously used without incident. Did you discover a solution for this @HaroldHerrera1 ?

As a follow up, it turns out I had a corrupt image in the survey and this was blocking the report from finalizing. Instead of a thumbnail of the photo in the instance preview box (right side of screen while in "data" tab of survey), there was the typical stock-like photo of a broken image. 

To fix this, I followed the instructions in this troubleshooting article, specifically the steps for recovering my data using the desktop version of the field app. Once my data was recovered, I was able to "Copy record to a new survey" in the desktop field app, delete the photo causing me trouble, and re-submit with no issues.

Hope this can be helpful to you in some way!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MaddieShields2
New Contributor II

I have encountered the same issue regarding the "Failed to render image for ${${questionName}}" error popping up in a survey that has been previously used without incident. Did you discover a solution for this @HaroldHerrera1 ?

As a follow up, it turns out I had a corrupt image in the survey and this was blocking the report from finalizing. Instead of a thumbnail of the photo in the instance preview box (right side of screen while in "data" tab of survey), there was the typical stock-like photo of a broken image. 

To fix this, I followed the instructions in this troubleshooting article, specifically the steps for recovering my data using the desktop version of the field app. Once my data was recovered, I was able to "Copy record to a new survey" in the desktop field app, delete the photo causing me trouble, and re-submit with no issues.

Hope this can be helpful to you in some way!

0 Kudos
HaroldHerrera1
Occasional Contributor

Hey MaddieShields2 Thanks for the feedback.

In our case, we discover several images were corrupted and crashed the report, so we deleted them, and works fine!

0 Kudos