external select stopped working

12-02-2019 08:05 AM
chiragtiwari
New Contributor II

Select External Not working.

I have created a form that requires "select external" set up.  For some reason the drop downs keep showing up as blanks. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. I replaced the column header label::English (en) with just label in the external_choices worksheet and the external select started working.

0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Ismael,

I also have problem with external choices list. I've already checked everything I could think of, but it's just not working. Is there any way I could send you my file to your email address?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
chiragtiwari
New Contributor II

Dear Ismael, 

Funny thing is, I had the same issue a few weeks ago and had to add ::English (en) to the word label to get it to work properly (same issue as current one). Is there a bug in the system?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

In this case, it appears that the language was not completely applied in the form - the default language was set and the external choices had a label::English (en) column, but the rest of the form did not.  If you plan on having a multi-lingual form, it's best to have all columns displaying user text marked in which language they are for.

chiragtiwari
New Contributor II

Thank you James!

0 Kudos