Select to view content in your preferred language

External Choice List with Select Multiple - Choices not appearing

08-22-2024 02:06 PM
JacobCabral
Emerging Contributor

Hello ESRI Community! I created a form using Survey123 Connect and encountered a problem with external choice lists and the select multiple function.

In the "general_info" section at the beginning of my survey, users input their phone or email as a look-up to connect to a list of their ID numbers. In the following sections, a choice list of the user's ID numbers should appear based on certain questions. For example, in the "practice_irrigation" section, when a user selects "Yes" for the "awd_presence" question, the next question should generate a choice list for users to choose which ID numbers that practice occurred on. The choice list appears in the Survey123 Connect app, but not in the web version of the survey.

I understand that the ID numbers could be added to the choice list inside the survey itself. However, we anticipate hundreds to thousands of ID numbers and would prefer the choice list to exist as a CSV in the media folder to avoid survey performance issues. Any support would be extremely appreciated. 

Attached are three files: the survey file, a CSV with the ID numbers and producer (user) names, and a CSV with the producer names and contact info for the initial lookup (please enjoy the Lord of the Rings reference).

3 Replies
MeganEngel
Frequent Contributor

Maybe these MVPs can help? @IsmaelChivite @Katie_Clark

0 Kudos
PaulCone2
Frequent Contributor

This looks like this solved question from a week ago... 

Using an external choice list with a choice filter... - Esri Community

0 Kudos
JacobCabral
Emerging Contributor

Hey Paul! 

Someone replied to that post saying it was working, but no one explained how to solve the problem besides saying something was wrong with the CSV. I posted the files in the hopes someone could identify what it was.

0 Kudos