Exporting data from Survey 123

Jump to solution
05-31-2018 07:14 AM
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I have some data that was collected on an ipad out in the field which is connected to Survey 123. I want to Export the data to an Excel sheet but the Export tab is greyed out at the top of Survey 123. When I hover over the tab a message pops up saying, 'Export cannot work since Extract Capability is missing in the underlying feature service. Can anybody tell me what is going on?

Thanks

0 Kudos
19 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Wendi, 

Can you navigate to the Item Details page of the hosted feature layer in your portal > Settings > Feature Layer (Hosted) > Is there an Export Data option here?

Carmel

0 Kudos
WendiPedersen
New Contributor II

Ya we checked this and the option is missing in both the general and feature layer tabs

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Wendi, 

Seems to be some differences here. How was this layer created? Through the Survey123 publishing process, saved from a csv added to a webmap or another method?

Carmel

0 Kudos
WendiPedersen
New Contributor II

It was created through the Survey 123 publishing process

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

I see, something seems amiss with this Survey123 layer, it's got limited functionality that I would expect with a layer view or layer created from a csv/shapefile.  - the help says the results of your survey can't be exported into KML or XLSX (Excel) formats but other formats are supported: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/reference/survey123withenterprise.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_F5A1901B74F5...

I recommend getting in touch with your local Support team, doing something like a screenshare might get to the bottom of this!

Carmel

0 Kudos
WendiPedersen
New Contributor II

Thanks for your help. So it seems that this was because the Survey123 services "forgot" it was a hosted service. This happened because at some point our server was removed as the "hosting server" in the portal and then re-set as hosting server. Even though it was reset it caused the hosted services to forget what they were. 

BugPie
by
Occasional Contributor III

Did your org find a solution or workaround for this? Seems as though we are in the same boat. Have a ticket open but I'm antsy.... 

0 Kudos
DavidForbuss1
Occasional Contributor III

I'm having this issue as well.  It seems that I'm the only one that is able to export (I created/own the survey), but nobody else in our organization is able to.  They are able to view the survey data via the Survey123 web interface, but their export button is greyed out.

0 Kudos
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi David,

Make sure the 'Export' option is checked in Settings for the feature you want to export

0 Kudos
StefaanMinne
New Contributor II

For the feature layer (hosted, view) aka _stakeholder, not only the setting : "allow export .... " should be enabled, also enable editing needs to be activated, at least on our portal server .

good luck

0 Kudos