Survey123 iPad signature showing camera

Jump to solution
01-07-2020 03:05 PM
MichelleWilliams1
Occasional Contributor III

Good day everyone,

Our updated iPad is showing a camera icon where the signature should be.

The iPad with the issue is version 13.2.3 with firmware 7.11.01

The iPad that working is version 12.3.1 with firmware 5.60.01

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichelleWilliams1

Thank you for your time. I had the field tech reinstall Survey123 and download the survey, and that worked.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michelle,

What version of the Survey123 field app are you using? And can you share a copy of your xlsx form you used to create the survey form?

It sounds as if the signature appearance is missing from the image question you are referring to. The signature question is actually just an image question with an appearance, so if you remove the appearance you will see the camera and folder in its place in the form.

Phil.

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliams1

Here's what I have

It shows correctly on the outdated iPad but not the updated iPad.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michelle,

I see you are using grid theme also, this could be the cause. Can you please share your xlsx file also, so we can take a further look.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliams1

Here you go! I couldn't find a file upload button, so I pasted it here. 

typenamelabelhintconstraintconstraint_messagerequiredrequired_messageappearancedefaultreadonlyrelevantcalculationchoice_filterrepeat_countlabel::language1hint::language1media::audiomedia::imagebody::accuracyThresholdbind::esri:fieldTypebind::esri:fieldLengthbind::esri:fieldAliasbody::esri:inputMaskbind::esri:parametersbind::saveIncompletebind::typebind::esri:warningbind::esri:warning_messagebody::esri:styleparameters
begin_groupcertificate<center>MONTHLY INSPECTION AND SAFETY REPORT</center>     w8 field-list                      
textName<font size=2>Employee Name    y w5            30         
dateExpirationDate<font size=2>Driver's LicenseExpiration Date  y w3                      
textReg<font size=2>Vehicle RegistrationY or N  y w1            1 >X       
textRegExp<font size=2>Vehicle Reg ExpExempt  y w1            10         
textTruck<font size=2>Truck #   y w1             10         
integerMileage<font size=2>Mileage   y w1            9         
textClaim<font size=2>Accident/Claim PkgY or N  y w1            1 >X       
dateIns<font size=2>Ins Exp Date   y w1            10         
end_group                              
begin_groupTruckTools<bold><center>Truck Tools</center></bold>     w8 field-list                      
noteBanner<center>CONDITION CODES ~  S - SATISFACTORY  U - UNSATISFACTORY  R - REPAIR/REPLACE  CAL - CALIBRATION  EXP -  EXPIRATION</center>     w8                       
select_one CondToolCond_HeatGun<center>Heat Gun</center>   y              3         
dateToolCond_HeatGunCalDate<center>Heat Gun Cal Date</center>   y w3                      
dateToolCond_HeatGunExpDate<center>Heat Gun Exp Date</center>   y w3                      
select_one CondToolCond_Blower<center>Blower / Hose</center>                  3         
select_one CondToolCond_Gas<center>Gas Tester</center>                  3         
dateToolCond_GasCalDate<center>Gas Tester Cal Date</center>     w3                      
dateToolCond_GasExpDate<center>Gas Tester Exp Date</center>     w3                      
select_one CondToolCond_Gantry<center>Gantry</center>                  3         
select_one CondToolCond_Extinguisher<center>Fire Extinguisher</center>   y              3         
dateToolCond_ExtinguisherExp<center>Fire Extinguisher Expiration Date</center>   y w3            3         
textToolCond_ExtinguisherModWt<center>Fire Extinguisher Model & Weight</center>Like Amerex B456 10  y w3              30         
select_one CondToolCond_HandTools<center>Hand Tools</center>   y              3         
select_one CondToolCond_Calibration<center>Calibration Enforcer / Gas Cylinder</center>                  3         
dateToolCond_CalExpDate<center>Calibration Enforcer / Gas Cylinder Exp Date</center>    w3                      
select_one CondToolCond_Barricade<center>Manhole Barricade</center>                  3         
select_one CondToolCond_Manhole<center>Manhole Lid Lifting</center>   y              3         
select_one CondToolCond_Wheel<center>Measuring Wheel</center>   y              3         
select_one CondToolCond_WheelChalks<center>Wheel Chalks</center>   y              3         
textToolExplainURTruck Tools: Explain any items marked with "U" or "R"      w8                       
textToolConcernsTruck Tools: Comments or Concerns:     w8                       
imagephoto1Take a photo of the issue     w8               bottomLeftWatermark=${watermarkT}     
end_group                              
begin_groupSafety<bold><center>Safety Kits & PPE</center></bold>     w8 field-list                      
select_one CondSafeCond_Shield<center>Face Shield</center>   y              3         
select_one CondSafeCond_Hat<center>Hard Hat</center>   y              3         
select_one CondSafeCond_Coveralls<center>Nomex Coveralls</center>   y              3         
select_one CondSafeCond_Hood<center>Nomex Hood</center>   y              3         
select_one CondSafeCond_Glasses<center>Safety Glasses</center>   y              3         
select_one CondSafeCond_Vest<center>Safety Vest</center>   y              3         
noteEmptyA<center> </center>   y w2              3         
select_one CondSafeCond_Burn<center>Burn Kit</center>   y              3         
dateSafeCond_BurnExpDate<center>Burn Kit Exp Date</center>   y w3                      
select_one CondSafeCond_FirstAid<center>First Aid Kit</center>   y              3         
dateSafeCond_FirstAidExpDate<center>First Aid Kit Exp Date</center>   y w3                      
select_one CondVehicleSafeCond_VehCleanIS<center>Vehicle Cleanliness Inside</center>   y              3         
select_one CondVehicleSafeCond_VehCleanOUT<center>Vehicle Cleanliness Outside</center>   y              3         
select_one CondVehicleSafeCond_VehMaint<center>Vehicle Maintenance</center>   y              3         
noteEmptyB<center> </center>   y w1             3         
textExplainURSafety: Explain any items marked with "U" or "R"      w7                      
textConcernsSafety: Comments or Concerns:     w7                      
imageSignatureInspInspector's Signaturew4 signature
dateDateInspDatew3today()
imagephoto1Take a photo of the issuebottomLeftWatermark=${watermarkS}
hiddenSupervisorSupervisor20
calculatewatermarkT          concat(${Name}," Tool Issue",'\n@[date]')                  
calculatewatermarkS          concat(${Name}," Safety Issue",'\n@[date]')                  
end_group                              
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michelle,

Sorry, we need the entire file to check everything is working as expected with all the configurations you have used. If you use the advanced editor, you will see an option to attach files. Open the post in a new window, not via Inbox in GeoNet, and that way you see the advanced editor option.

Phil.

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliams1

Thank you!!! I found it.

0 Kudos
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Michelle,

I've been testing out your Survey with the latest version of the Survey123 field app (v3.7.57) but I can't reproduce your issue. The signature appearance is working in both Connect and the field app on Windows, and the field app on iPad Pro (iOS 13.3) and iPad Air 2 (iOS 11.2). I've also tested an iPhone 11 as this is my only test device running iOS 13.2.3 (that is causing you issues) but still can't reproduce the problem.

Can you please confirm what version of Survey123 you're running on both your iPad devices?

Thanks,

Brett

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliams1

Thank you for your time. I had the field tech reinstall Survey123 and download the survey, and that worked.

0 Kudos