Error creating report template

Jump to solution
04-14-2023 04:41 AM
JohnWatson_EBA
Occasional Contributor

I have been messing with this report template for the last day and a half. Every time I move a tag I get a different error message. This one says Error: An error occurred when checking the report template. The start tag ${# Water_Assets} is unclosed. The tag "Materials" is closed by the tag "Water_Assets". Water_Assets is the parent related table for the survey, and Materials and Equipment are both child related tables. So I guess I am not sure where exactly to put the ending tags for each of these tables. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Ok, I got this version of the template to be accepted. I highlighted areas that I changed. The color coding was just to help me easily tell the difference between the materials and the equipment sections in the template because they took up so many pages.

Let me know if you have questions or want to discuss more, but hope this helps.

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Are you still needing help with this? I took a look and noticed a few things that I had questions on before addressing things in the report template.

1. row 10 and 23 of the XLS form appear to have the same field name. 

2. After looking at the user interface of the survey, I'm not exactly clear why you decided to have repeats for the equipment and materials sections. It seems to me that they can just be select_multiple questions, and then have additional questions display based on what the user selected, so they can enter quanity, cost, etc. for that particular item they selected. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
JohnWatson_EBA
Occasional Contributor

Katherine, yes, still having issues. Regarding your #2, we can take that conversation offline, but there was a reason for the design.

Row 10 and 23 do have the same field name, but they are in different tables; the values in those fields are populated from Workforce.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Ok, I got this version of the template to be accepted. I highlighted areas that I changed. The color coding was just to help me easily tell the difference between the materials and the equipment sections in the template because they took up so many pages.

Let me know if you have questions or want to discuss more, but hope this helps.

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
JohnWatson_EBA
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Katherine. I swear I messed around with adding closing tags in different places but nothing worked for me. Now I won't have to bug @ZacharySutherby or @IsmaelChivite  tomorrow during the webinar!

Krocha
by
New Contributor III

Hello i was having issues with this if you can take a look at my template. 

Error: An error occurred when checking the report template. The start tag ${# HydrantDE_flushings | where: "1=1 " | stats:"min, inspection_date" | format:"MM/DD/YYYY"} is unclosed. The tag "HydrantDE_flushings | where: "1=1 " | stats:"max, inspection_date" | format:"MM/DD/YYYY"" is closed by the tag "HydrantDE_flushings". The start tag ${# HydrantDE_flushings|stats:"count,OBJECTID"} is unclosed. The start tag ${# HydrantDE_flushings |stats:"sum,gallons"} is unclosed.

0 Kudos