Error converting XLSForm

07-24-2017 08:08 AM
DanielKonzek
Occasional Contributor

I have a survey with a lengthy choice list.  I added about 20 new options to this list and now my survey will not load in Survey123 Connect and gives the message:  "Error Converting XLSForm" without any further details.  When I copy the XLSForm and create a new survey from the copy the form loads just fine.  Any recommendations on how to fix this?  

Thank you,

Dan

0 Kudos
14 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dan - Can you confirm whether the form has an external select in it? Also can you upload the survey?

Thanks
John

0 Kudos
DanielKonzek
Occasional Contributor

No, It does not.  

The same list (plant species) is used in two other surveys without issue.  The survey giving me problems is the longest and most complex of the three surveys though.  I created a copy of the XLS form and brought it back into Survey123 Connect as a new survey yesterday and the form worked.  I've attached the XLS form for your review.  We have a significant amount of data that has been collected using the original version of this form (the version that is no longer working).  Is there a way to use the new version of the form (the one that is working) and associate it with the current feature layer for the original form (the one that is not working).  The XLS forms are identical.

Thank you,

Dan

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi - I will take a look at the form and get back to you. But in the mean time - yes you can point the new form to the existing service. To do this you need to use the submission_url in the settings page of the new survey and update it with the url of the service. For more information on this see: 

Author a survey that matches a feature service

Use Survey123 with existing feature services—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

I tested the survey and all worked fine. Can you confirm if you are using Windows?

0 Kudos
DanielKonzek
Occasional Contributor

I realized yesterday that the survey loads fine in connect when not associated with a feature service. Once I added the feature service url  to the submission_url field that the form would not load.  I then deleted 30 options from my choices list and the survey loads.  Is there a limitation on the size or complexity of the feature service that I am running into?

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

You should not be hitting any limit with your survey. Can you provide more information on the feature service you specified in the submission url? Was that created with the old version of the survey, or the version of the survey that had the additional choices in it?

0 Kudos
PatrickDel_Pizzo
New Contributor II

I've been experiencing similar problems but it seems to come and go. Suddenly it will be loading fine with no changes made. I haven't been able to identify a cause.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Patrick - are you using Windows?

0 Kudos
PatrickDel_Pizzo
New Contributor II

Android devices are being used in the field.

0 Kudos