Select to view content in your preferred language

Error: An error occurred when checking the report template. The tag beginning with "}" is unopened.

11-07-2023 11:39 AM
MTavares_Manitoba
New Contributor II

Hi I have just finished my template for a new survey and it is giving me this error message (see photo). Has anyone ever ran into this before? any direction is appreciated.

Here is the template file also.error message.JPG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

More times than I can shake a stick at.

You need to do some troubleshooting on your end (this is a common error). Basically, there is something wrong with you start and/or end "tags". Check your document for ${name} and ${/}. You could be missing a tag, you could have a poorly formatted tag (e.g., $(/}), or could have too many tags.

If you are really lost and/or the document is massive, I find the easiest solution is to play 20-questions. Delete half of the document, and try parsing. Keep add or removing halves until you get the document to parse. Then add things back in until it breaks again.

EDIT: Had a quick scan of your document by doing a mass find-replace, and looks like tags are correct. Could be a formatting issue where the parsing system doesn't understand the margins. This is more likely to affect repeats, so you could try deleting out all the repeats and see if it works.

Also, I know the "multiline" appearance doesn't like being in tables and can cause an error, but I have no idea how it interacts with multiple margins. May also be worth focusing on those fields.

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hello,

Not sure if this is the case, but I searched through the doc and found 52 of { and 54 of }, I found only one visible double located here:

CodyPatterson_0-1699386866910.png

There's a chance that due to the duplication it may be causing some issue, I had not been successful in finding the other } though. Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Yep. That's definitely it. I didn't see the duplicate before on my screen... until I started poking at the elements. There is some funky things going on here:

abureaux_0-1699388964398.png

That double you found is it's own element!

And there are more overlain elements on top of that:

abureaux_1-1699389044985.png

This is very likely the cause of the issue. I'd highly recommend rejigging the document to use more "plain text" and tables.

CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Great eye! I moved the curly bracket but not had seen the overlapping elements. Definitely recommend what you mentioned, as long as the brackets are even to some extent, the Survey should be able to run through.

0 Kudos