Error 3 Error: (I/O operation failed) Survey123 lost audio

Jump to solution
02-03-2022 02:12 PM
DanielMurillo
Occasional Contributor

Hello. I wonder if anyone had come across the following error?

2022-01-21_12-10-29.jpg

Context is customer recorded audio, audio stopped and part of the rest of the survey was filled out, the after that, they switched to another survey and then they also switched to a different application. Then, when coming back to the first survey the audio was missing with the error 'Error 3 Error: (I/O operation failed) '.

We had attempted to replicate the issue again for the ESRI support ticket but no luck with that.

If anyone has a comment on this, we appreciate.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @DanielMurillo,

Can you confirm what device make/model it occurred on, and the OS version?

Did it only happen once on this device, or does it occur often?

When they switched applications, was the recording finished and added to survey as an attachment successfully before they switched, or was it still in progress recording?

The I/O error is a file read/write error. So sounds like the saving of the file was still in progress and was interrupted.

If you navigate to the My Survey Attachments folder on that device, do you see the audio file there and does it open (playback with other apps)?

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @DanielMurillo,

Can you confirm what device make/model it occurred on, and the OS version?

Did it only happen once on this device, or does it occur often?

When they switched applications, was the recording finished and added to survey as an attachment successfully before they switched, or was it still in progress recording?

The I/O error is a file read/write error. So sounds like the saving of the file was still in progress and was interrupted.

If you navigate to the My Survey Attachments folder on that device, do you see the audio file there and does it open (playback with other apps)?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
DanielMurillo
Occasional Contributor

Hello @Anonymous User .

They say this is an Android 11 Samsung A10s.

It only happened once and we have not been able to replicate the same error, however as you are stating if I do not stop the recording and save it on the drafts folder it does not maintain the recording. I just tried that and lost the recording i had made.

The recording was not also found on the Attachments folder.

Thanks for the guidance.