Select to view content in your preferred language

Edits made to form after resubmitting are not being committed into the database

10-27-2023 09:44 AM
Lisa_G
by
New Contributor III

Hi, we have a large complex form that has been working well until recently. It appears that edits that field crews make AFTER resubmitting the form, are not showing up in the database. Our workflow is:

• record is submitted to the cloud
  • if the field crew answers form question 'Ready for Review?', the record will be reviewed in a web experience webapp
  • Supervisors review in webapp and indicate in note fields to the Field Crew which questions in the form need more detail
  • Field crew retrieves record from Inbox, reviews Supervisor's notes, edits and resubmits the form

In the past few weeks we have noticed that edited fields, after a resubmission to the cloud, are not showing in the database. This is being reported by Supervisors who use the webapp to Review the submitted records.  Field users know they edited and resubmitted successfully, but the web experience webapp edited fields are blank. The Supervisors also report they are unable to edit and see the  edits in the webapp. We checked the webapp and we can't find anything to explain this. Note: we have been actively updating the feature layer over the past few weeks as well. Is this related? Should the Survey folder be deleted? It feels like the webapp is out of sync with the form.  Many thanks for any help on this!  Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Lisa_G

It sounds like your data is coming from an Enterprise Geodatabase and is published to ArcGIS Server is that correct? The folks who are editing surveys are they using Portal, or has the feature service been added to ArcGIS Online and the survey is published to ArcGIS Online? 

Is it always the same edited fields or inconsistent? If possible would you be able to pass along the XLSForm for review on our end? Are the updates present in the core feature service? This could indicate that the issue could be with the _results view as opposed to the data coming in. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
Lisa_G
by
New Contributor III

Hi Zachary,

Many thanks for your response to my question.

We are not using Enterprise, just AGOL. Folks are editing in the field by retrieving from the Survey123 form Inbox, not using Portal. To confirm, yes, feature service added to AGOL and the survey is published to AGOL.

To answer your questions:

Not the same edited fields, it seems to be inconsistent. 

I am happy to pass along the xls form, it is attached. The updates are present in the core feature service, it's the web experience that seems to be looking at an older update, I think.  

Thank you for any help on this issue, it is very much appreciated!

LisaG

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Lisa_G

Thank you for confirming! In the folder where the survey resides in your ArcGIS Online content is there an _results or _stakeholder view service? 

If it's the issue I'm suspecting you should be able to see all data in that _results view but if you send one of your colleagues who is running into the issue the link to the view and have them open the data tab they should see the same issue. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
Lisa_G
by
New Contributor III

Hi Zachary,

Yes, we do see a _results feature layer in the Survey folder. Is this layer, the _results layer, this is the link I should use for the web experience associated with the original feature layer?  Should we delete this layer? Sorry, not sure what to do at this point.

Thank you,

LisaG

0 Kudos