Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 UTM calculation

10-26-2023 08:04 AM
ConsueloMartinez
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I'm designing a Survey123 in Survey123 Connect and I'm trying to use "calculation" to set the geopoint property based on a previous question. The question is "sampling point" and each sampling point is associated with a UTM north and east position, detailed in the "choices" tab. When the user selects a sampling point, two hidden questions (north and east UTM) are automatically associated with it. I would like to use the north and east UTM to set a geopoint, however, when I try to do it using the "calculation" column nothing happens. The expression I'm using is:

"concat(number(${coordenada_este_mE}), " ", number(${coordenada_norte_mN}))".

I've also tried: "concat("19H", string(${coordenada_este_mE}), " " ,string(${coordenada_norte_mN}))"

I think the expression is wrong, because when I use a similar expression with lat and long coordinates it works just fine. For info, I've already changed the coordinate format of my survey to UTM.

Hope you can help me, I'm going crazy!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @ConsueloMartinez

The Survey123 geopoint question only supports an input of latitude and longitude in decimal degrees. Please see the Geopoints documentation for more information. You may be able to use a custom JavaScript function to convert the UTM coordinates to decimal degrees. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
SenadHodzic1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Zachary,

I am actually creating a survey with the same premise. I have a lat/long field in my table. I plan on importing from excel and creating a point feature class in my EGDB. Afterwards, I plan on publishing that table as a Hosted Feature Layer and create a Survey123 Form from that Feature Class in Survey123 Connect.

The reason I am giving out that context, is that as long as I've created the point feature class with the correct transformation for my Spatial Reference, the user can input the Lat/Long (@pulldata() from geopoint), and the form will create a point, correct? I haven't tried this out, but it should work as such?

0 Kudos