Editor Tracking Fields and objectid in Inbox Survey

Jump to solution
06-18-2021 06:36 AM
LarryWiebe
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I have looked for previously, and seen others ask for the ability to pull in the values for objectid, Creator, CreationDate, Editor and EditDate from an Inbox survey.

I ran across a post recently (can't find it again), but it pointed me to using a note field with the name set to whichever field you want to pull and  in, a label and the bind::esri:fieldType set to null.  This works great, I get all the values pulled into my survey to use, but not edit...  Perfect. (Connect V3.12.232)

The issue I now have is that these field no longer appear to be usable in the Feature Report for the survey. When I generate a sample template for the survey, the Creator is in the template. When I try try to upload the template I get "Error: An error occurred when checking the report template. Failed to parse ${Creator} since field name or parameter Creator cannot be found in the current parsing scope."

I have used all of the mentioned fields in the reports previously...  

Any direction helpful!

Thanks, Larry

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @LarryWiebe 

I would not recommend the procedure that you mentioned regarding including the null questions for editor tracking fields - those fields are managed by ArcGIS Servers automatically and shouldn't be present in the form at any point. This most likely has caused an issue for the feature report template.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LarryWiebe
Occasional Contributor

@PhilipWilson, Anyone, Any comment on this?  Am I going down a bad path?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @LarryWiebe 

I would not recommend the procedure that you mentioned regarding including the null questions for editor tracking fields - those fields are managed by ArcGIS Servers automatically and shouldn't be present in the form at any point. This most likely has caused an issue for the feature report template.