Editing restriction in inbox for parent fields

Jump to solution
06-16-2021 01:26 AM
BabatopeAdebajo1
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I am using Survey123 Connect to develop survey forms for collecting Ecological and Arboriculture data, and i was wondering how to restrict editing of fields in the parent record just in the inbox but available to new collections?.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BabatopeAdebajo1
New Contributor III

Update:

I have been able to resolve this using the pulldata() function:

The pulldata("@property") function can be used to detect the way the user is currently interacting with their survey response using the following:

pulldata("@property", 'mode')

This has three possible values, returning new if the user is producing a new survey response (including one copied from an existing survey), returning edit if the user is editing an existing response, and returning view if the user is viewing an existing response in read-only mode. The following example, when placed in the readonly column, detects whether the user is editing an existing response and prevents them from editing the chosen question:

pulldata("@property", 'mode') = 'edit'

The pulldata("@property") function can also be used to check where a survey was opened. The following example checks if the survey was opened from the inbox:

pulldata("@property", 'status') = 'inbox'

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BabatopeAdebajo1
New Contributor III

Update:

I have been able to resolve this using the pulldata() function:

The pulldata("@property") function can be used to detect the way the user is currently interacting with their survey response using the following:

pulldata("@property", 'mode')

This has three possible values, returning new if the user is producing a new survey response (including one copied from an existing survey), returning edit if the user is editing an existing response, and returning view if the user is viewing an existing response in read-only mode. The following example, when placed in the readonly column, detects whether the user is editing an existing response and prevents them from editing the chosen question:

pulldata("@property", 'mode') = 'edit'

The pulldata("@property") function can also be used to check where a survey was opened. The following example checks if the survey was opened from the inbox:

pulldata("@property", 'status') = 'inbox'

0 Kudos