Editing Multiple Feature Services in a Single Form in Survey123 for ArcGIS

10-30-2017 02:42 AM
ElleW
by
New Contributor III

I can use existing feature class in Survey123 which is great. How about using multiple feature services in one form. The reason I need this is because certain work assignment required field worker to enter information that are stored in 2 different feature classes. They are contains different and separate information and in some cases field workers need to enter the information from these 2 feature classes thus it makes sense to have a single form in Survey123. 

11 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. It is not possible for Survey123 to work against two separate feature services. However, there is work in ArcGIS Online to allow the  creation of Hosted Feature Layer Views that include data from multiple feature services.We  are  looking  closely at this as this would allow Survey123, in practice, to do what you want. For now  no more news but stay tuned as we  may have a solution for you at some point.

0 Kudos
BrendanBladdick3
Esri Contributor

I also want to clarify it is not possible for Survey123 to work against against two separate sub-layers within a feature service.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brendan,

Survey123 can work with multiple layers within the same feature service via repeats - a repeat is a related table/layer to the parent layer in the feature service.

0 Kudos
AdamDaily
Occasional Contributor II

Id like to see a single survey work with multiple submission_urls. We have several field crews collecting different data-sets each with their own survey, but all surveys contain some similar attributes. To be able to bring all of their data back into 1 view would be a great enhancement. 

JamesTedrick

Hi Adam,

As Ismael noted, ArcGIS Online is working to provide this in the future through joins that can span multiple feature services.  If you are recording your data to an enterprise geodatabase, this can be done already through the creation of a view in the database/geodatabase.

0 Kudos
AdamDaily
Occasional Contributor II

Each of my surveys writes to its own feature service. I tried creating a new feature service containing those common attribute fields and then creating a view layer from that, but I don't see a way to point it back to read in multiple other feature services at the same time.

0 Kudos
AndrewNeil1
New Contributor III

Hi James, 

I just came across this post.  Is this still not possible?  

For my purposes I would like 1 survey where two Feature Services are updated from its submissions.  A "Size" and "Condition" would be updated in my "Tree" feature service and also an "Assignment" feature service is updated for Workforce based on a "Needs Action" field.  

Thanks, 

Andrew

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Andrew,

A direct submission to two different feature services is not supported; that being said, the workflow you describe can be implemented by using webhooks - you can create a webhook that sends an applyEdits request to the Workforce service.

AndrewNeil1
New Contributor III

Thanks James.  I was reading a bit about webhooks this morning, I will have to look into this further.  Appreciate the feedback.  

Cheers, 

Andrew

0 Kudos