Edit and Block specific data survey123

Jump to solution
02-03-2021 06:34 AM
Labels (1)
MauricioGiraldo
New Contributor II

Dear all,

I hope all is well. I would like to know if is possible to edit and lock specific answers into the Survey. For example for Repeat groups, I'm using the "allowUpdates=false query" and it works perfect.

Now, I need to edit and block existing data outside of the repeat groups. If is possible to do that? I tried with the "allowUpdates=false query", but for this way It doesn`t work.

Thanks to all.

@IsmaelChivite 

@JamesTedrick 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

This should do. The output of the expression determines if the question will be readonly or not. In this case, if the record is in edit mode, the geopoint and photo questions are readonly.

IsmaelChivite_0-1612412952794.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

You can use the readonly column. If you se the value to yes, your question will be read-only.

Tip: You can also disable the data validation formula in Excel and then type your own XLSForm expression. For example, you can turn your question read-only if the survey is in edit mode (opened from the Inbox) and leave it as read-write if it the survey was opened from Collect (to create a new record).

MauricioGiraldo
New Contributor II

Thanks Ismael, do you have some example for activate the read-only if the survey is in edit mode (opened from the Inbox) and leave it as read-write if it the survey was opened from Collect (to create a new record)? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

This should do. The output of the expression determines if the question will be readonly or not. In this case, if the record is in edit mode, the geopoint and photo questions are readonly.

IsmaelChivite_0-1612412952794.png