Dynamic image content

Jump to solution
11-20-2017 01:12 PM
BrianMurphy4
New Contributor II

I have previously used Adobe LiveCycle to create a couple of forms.  One feature I liked was the ability to add an image field (client logo) at the top of the form, so that when a dropdown list (client name) was selected, the image would change accordingly.

Can this dynamic functionality also be duplicated in a note in XLS form in Survey123?

(more of a nice-to-have than a need-to-have, but continuity between the two platforms would be nice.)

Thanks.

Brian

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianMurphy4
New Contributor II

Hi James,

thanks for the suggestion.

In this case, I was able to do the following.....

...so, as I made a particular drop-down (ClientName) selection, the logo would change accordingly based on my choices list value that I had set up.

Regards,

Brian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrianMurphy4
New Contributor II

I should add, that in Adobe LiveCycle, all images are added to the form in the same location, and then their visibility is changed to "show" or "hide", depending on what the dropdown selection is.....

i.e. DropdownSelect=1, image1 status=show, **all other images status=hide.....etc.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brian,

This isn't officially supported in Survey123, but there are a couple of ways this could be done when creating a form via Survey123 Connect.  

The first method would work in a online context.  You would have a dropdown (select_one) question that stores the filename of the image; the note would have a calculation using the concat() function to specify the URL.

The second method would work if your form is monolingual- you could use the multiple language capability to specify different media per company by specifying the company as a 'language'. See https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/11/16/introducing-multiple-language-surveys , especially the note in blue about specifying your own languages.

0 Kudos
BrianMurphy4
New Contributor II

Hi James,

thanks for the suggestion.

In this case, I was able to do the following.....

...so, as I made a particular drop-down (ClientName) selection, the logo would change accordingly based on my choices list value that I had set up.

Regards,

Brian

0 Kudos