Survery123 Apps in Portal 10.5.1

Jump to solution
11-21-2017 08:39 AM
SamJehle1
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have installed ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5.1 to start testing out all of Portal's capabilities and on that list is Survey123. I'm using Survey123 Connect (v2.4.60) to publish surveys to a hosted server, however when it gets the form item it gets stuck and never finishes. After going through the Survey123 Connect logs and various community posts, I was unable to narrow down the problem. I have tested the Survey123 Connect in a second portal 10.5.1 instance and it publishes the form item with no problem, so all signs pointed to an issue with the portal environment installation. 

After doing some digging, I found out that a Survey123 for ArcGIS application now gets created within the Portal 10.5.1 install. I went to the Portal sharing rest API and found there are three Survey123 for ArcGIS apps that have been created by the esri_apps users (picture attached). I did the same search on the second portal and found that there should only one entry. I'm guessing the issue is cause by having three applications, so I would like to delete the two unnecessary apps. The problem is, I do not know how to delete apps that have been created by the esri_apps users. There are a few other developers in the environment so reinstalling and starting from scratch is a last resort. My question is, is there a way to delete the 2 apps that have been created by the esri_apps user?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BethanyBerry
New Contributor III

Ahhh that explains it. This is a known software defect (see below). You may be able to try the workaround listed here:

BUG-000105814: Publishing a survey in Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS .. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BethanyBerry
New Contributor III

Hi there, 

What type of authentication are you using in Portal? (ie: Built in Portal users/roles, SAML, IWA)? The reason I ask is that there are some known issues with publishing to Portals using IWA.

Thanks,

Bethany

0 Kudos
SamJehle1
New Contributor III

I'm using IWA in both environments.

0 Kudos
BethanyBerry
New Contributor III

Ahhh that explains it. This is a known software defect (see below). You may be able to try the workaround listed here:

BUG-000105814: Publishing a survey in Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS .. 

0 Kudos
SamJehle1
New Contributor III

Thanks Bethany! I was just able to get it to work.

0 Kudos
BethanyBerry
New Contributor III

That's great! I am so glad to hear it!

0 Kudos