Select to view content in your preferred language

Dynamic Automatic URL Redirect for Surveys Published in Survey123 Connect

yesterday
Abrilo
by
New Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Survey123 and have just created my first survey using Survey123 Connect. I’ve set up a dynamic thank-you page based on respondents' consent and included a redirect URL link on each page for them to click after submitting the survey. However, I would like to implement an automatic dynamic redirect instead of requiring respondents to click the links. Is there a way to achieve this in Connect?

I’ve already tried setting a redirect URL in the "Options" on the Survey123 website after publishing the survey in Connect, but it only allows a static URL, redirecting all respondents to the same page regardless of their consent.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

@abureaux  @ZhifangWang 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Via Connect, unfortunately not. That is one of the few options relegated to the Web UI.

Even if you created the survey in Connect, this is one of the things you should be able to add in the Web UI after the fact (generally speaking, most survey options are locked to either the Web UI or Connect after publishing from that location - but there are a few exceptions).

Basically, just open this survey in the S123 Website, go to the "Design" tab, turn on "Action after submission", select "Automatically redirect to URL, and then "Publish":

abureaux_0-1727797482871.png

0 Kudos
Abrilo
by
New Contributor

Thank you for your quick response, @abureaux 

I tried your suggestion, but my issue is that I need two different redirect URLs—one for respondents who consent and another for those who do not. Enabling "Automatically redirect to URL" after turning on "Action after submission" in the "Design" tab only allows me to set a single URL. I added the URL for those who consent, but respondents who do not consent are still being redirected to the same page.

Is there a workaround for this?

I appreciate your help in advance!

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Opps sorry. Misunderstood "automatic dynamic redirect". Also apparently didn't read your second paragraph 😑 My bad.

In that case, I don't believe there is anything that can be done within a single survey. Esri only offers a single redirect option. And that redirect doesn't pass data, so even if you redirect to a custom webpage designed to redirect to multiple locations, it would have no way of differentiating user traffic.

You could always set up two separate, yet identical surveys (all attached to the same Feature Layer, of course). You would just need a way to launch users into the correct survey. Then, each survey would have a different redirect URL at the end.