Select to view content in your preferred language

download the xlsform file for a survey

Jump to solution
05-14-2024 01:48 PM
TonyGroeneveld3
Occasional Contributor

I'm writing python code to backup up items from our enterprise portal. For Survey123 items there appears to be no json or resource files to download to a file. Is there a way to get the xlsform spreadsheet for a survey item using python? What about survey created using the web designer where is that definition stored?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

If you get the survey's Item via the content manager, then call get_data(), it will download a zip file.  Inside that zip file you'll find the XLSX along with some other files that depend on the survey.

Not sure about using the web designer, I almost never use it, it might be the same however.

Edit - I should mention this works with AGOL, not sure about Enterprise, I'm assuming it's the same.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

If you get the survey's Item via the content manager, then call get_data(), it will download a zip file.  Inside that zip file you'll find the XLSX along with some other files that depend on the survey.

Not sure about using the web designer, I almost never use it, it might be the same however.

Edit - I should mention this works with AGOL, not sure about Enterprise, I'm assuming it's the same.

0 Kudos
TonyGroeneveld3
Occasional Contributor

That did the trick thank you very much.

Yes it works in Enterprise

Regardless if the survey is created in the web designer or survey123 connect the zip file contains a xlsform spreadsheet and a json file with the extension .webform. 

0 Kudos