Select to view content in your preferred language

Download survey from device after upload failed

10-03-2016 04:39 AM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

I thought I had seen this question somewhere before but now I can't find it (neither an answer)...

After the upload of a survey failed with the error "code 1003, Operation rolled back", is there any other option to download the data somehow from the device?

For the error itself I have this thread: https://community.esri.com/message/638532-error-code-1003 

25 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Karissa,

Did Survey123 Connect create the feature service or is this an existing feature service?

0 Kudos
KarissaRamstead
New Contributor II

Created by Survey123.  We did not have an existing feature service we were trying to build off of.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Karissa,

I would like to follow up with you further to resolve why this is occuring.  In the meantime, I've revised the script ReadS123DB/readDb.py at master · tedrick/ReadS123DB · GitHub  to handle repeats; you should be able to export the data in the outbox into CSV files - copy the database to a Windows computer with Python to run the script.

KarissaRamstead
New Contributor II

Hey James,

I am a bit rusty on Python.  So I think we might be making progress but when I try to run the Python script I am getting the following error: 

I have the folder C:\Users\kramstead\Extract set up similar to what I saw on the gitHub page as well with the readDb.py in the main level of the Extract file and the ArcGIS\My Sureys\Databases and the .sqlite file in this folder.

The only change I made to readDb.py was to copy and past the .sqlite db file name just in case they were a few numbers different.  Everything else in the script looked like it was fairly generic and should be relevant for any Survey123 database.  Any thoughts on what I am missing, or corrections I may need to make to the readDb.py file?

0 Kudos
KarissaRamstead
New Contributor II

I am not sure if it makes a difference but the version of python that runs from the command line on my computer is 2.7.8 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Karissa,

The database is not where the script expects it.  Either copy it from ArcGIS/My Surveys/Databases to the same folder as the script or modify line 11 of the script to read:

IN_DB = r'./ArcGIS/My Surveys/Databases/a084e65cd9403d813e8ec667ca329a63.sqlite'

and run the script without parameters

0 Kudos
KarissaRamstead
New Contributor II

I copied the db into the main folder and I see data!  Making more progress...sorry this is taking me so long to work through.  I am definitely not familiar on how the Survey123 data is set up in the sqlite db and I have not worked with sqlite databases yet so I am only getting the broad strokes of your code. 

What do you mean about running the script with no parameters?  Do you mean not to add in the [input sqlite file] and [directory to write the CSV files to] the main line of code I input to the command line

C:\Users\kramstead\Extract> python readDb.py a084e65cd9403d813e8ec667ca329a63.sqlite C:\Users\kramstead\Extract\

I tried both and had the same Traceback notice pop up either way I ran it.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Karissa,

It looks like there was something I hadn't expected - no type for the geometry. I've updated the script - redownload and try again.

By no parameters, I meant running

python readDb.py

with nothing following - that will default to the settings on lines 11 and 12 in the script

0 Kudos
KarissaRamstead
New Contributor II

Okay I downloaded the updated script and ran it again.  The geometry error has disappeared to be replaced by a new error.     

0 Kudos
IanBotts
New Contributor

Good afternoon,

I downloaded readDB.py that was updated six days ago.  The script successfully outputs csv files but the geometry isn't included.  Below is record information from sqlite.

Thanks!

{"FieldImages":[{"Image":"Image-20180620-140114.jpg","ImageNote":null}],"geometry":{"spatialReference":{"wkid":4326},"x":-83.4287594,"y":33.768423,"z":0},"Name":"Oconee power poles ","Crew":"Jared","FieldDate":1529467200000,"PoleNumber":"49477","Owner":"Other","TypePole":"PP","Pole":"OH","Diameter":"8","Material":"Wood","Drops":0,"Guys":0}}

0 Kudos