Does Survey123 Connect support adding geopoints to a survey created from a hosted feature layer with a related table?

04-19-2022 11:58 AM
janderson_ksninc
Occasional Contributor

I am creating a survey from a hosted feature layer that contains a point shape file and a related table in Survey123 Connect. The survey needs to have about ten geopoint locations to get lat/long data for well locations. When I change the question type in the XLS form from "text" to "geopoint" I get the following error:

Survey123ConnectError.JPGThe question I have is: Does Survey123 Connect support adding geopoints to a survey created from a hosted feature layer that has a related table? Nobody at ESRI seems to know. Nothing I've read says that there is a problem with what I'm trying to do. If anyone could shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated!!!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Well you can't put Geometry in a table so not sure on your question really.  You have 2 options.  Convert the repeat table to a Feature Class.  Store just lat, longs in the table.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
janderson_ksninc
Occasional Contributor

And the other option?

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

When you add a geopoint question to your XLSForm, Survey123 Connect expects your target layer to have a geometry field.  In your case, the target layer is a table.  If somehow you can add a geometry field to your table, Survey123 Connect will not complain. For example, if you published your feature service from ArcGIS Pro, you should be able to overwrite your service.

Since it looks like you will need to recreate you table anyways, you could do the following:

• Use the Save as option in Survey123 Connect to make a copy of your survey design
  • In the new form, go into the settings worksheet and clear the submission_url an form_id cells
  • Add your geopoint question and make other changes to your design
  • Publish your survey. This will create a new folder in your account and a new feature service
  • Next append data into you empty new feature services using the old layer and table as a source
janderson_ksninc
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ismael,

Thanks for responding! Is it possible to add a geometry field(s) to the table in ArcPro? Ideally, I would like to add multiple geometry fields to obtain well locations for the survey I'm try to create.

0 Kudos