Display repeats together as a table

Jump to solution
01-13-2022 04:08 AM
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

I'm just trying to work out if it is possible in Survey123 Connect 3.13 to set the appearance for a repeat so that all the records are shown on the survey form at one time.  Intended use is the field client on an iPad.

I've set up a repeat with a fixed grid appearance for manhole inspections which looks as I want it to. However the default behaviour when entering multiple records is for each one to be accessed via the arrows underneath the questions.

GarethBaker1_0-1642075331472.png

Is there are way to make each record appear below each other i.e. like a spreadsheet/paper form/database table, so that the user has a better visual indication of their progress and can easily jump back to a previous record if it needs adjusting?

In our case they could be inspecting up to 300 manholes as part of the overall survey so I think it would quite fiddly to have to use the arrow buttons to scroll through records to find and check a particular record.

1 Solution
13 Replies
GarethBaker1

Thanks Doug, have voted for all five ideas now. I did do quite a bit of searching before posting but my attention was clearly not drawn to any other those!

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for all these links, @DougBrowning ! I also need this functionality for many of my surveys. Colleagues keep requesting it and I just have to keep saying... "It's in Esri's hands. People have been requesting it for years."

I made sure to follow all your links and upvote.

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
DataOfficer

I echo that sentiment. Many of our users would love this sort of functionality and it is certainly something we are asked for regularly given users are used to a table/row approach based on previous use of spreadsheets or paper forms.

MohammadTawbi
New Contributor II

can I have an XLS file showing the calculation of this function?

0 Kudos
SuddhaGraves1
New Contributor II

Hi Doug,

How do you create the summary page displaying all the related records?  

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I use Grid theme then summary fields using Join, Max, Sum, Count etc.  

0 Kudos
Bgiordano
New Contributor II

Could you please share the excel file?