Display Image Based on Select One Answer

Jump to solution
07-19-2020 08:02 PM
JonMarks
New Contributor III

Is it possible to display an image based on a Select One question? I see is it easy enough to display images as a note by specifying the image name in the media::image column. But I want to display an image (actually a site map) for the site selected in the select one question.

Is this possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

There is a column called relevant.   You can put in a code there to determine if the field should show based on an answer.  For example

Question1 is a 'Yes' or 'No' answer

Question2 has the image.  Image will show if the answer for Question1 is 'Yes" 

In the relevant column you would put ${Question1} = 'Yes'

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

There is a column called relevant.   You can put in a code there to determine if the field should show based on an answer.  For example

Question1 is a 'Yes' or 'No' answer

Question2 has the image.  Image will show if the answer for Question1 is 'Yes" 

In the relevant column you would put ${Question1} = 'Yes'

0 Kudos
JonMarks
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert, perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my question. I need something like a Pulldata, where if I choose Site A in the select one question, I see an image of Site A, if I choose Site B in the select one, I see an image of Site B and so on. Using your suggestion, I'd need an image question for every site, and only one would show if the relevant statement were true. e.g. Q1 is the select one with the site choices, Q2 would be a note with an image of Site A, Q3 would be a note with an image of Site B, both Q2 and Q3 would have Relevant statements so that either Q2 or Q3 would show. This wouldn't be a very efficient way of doing it if I had a 100 sites.

AndresOlivos90
New Contributor

Hi Jon, did you ever find a solution? I'm attempting the same.

BenBaker1
Occasional Contributor

I'm also trying to do something similar. It looks like it's somewhat possible if you change the field to image and change the appearance to annotate, but the image won't show up in the form (and I assume save as an attachment) until the image is annotated, which I do not want to do.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/how-to-display-image-dependent-on-select-on...

0 Kudos