Select to view content in your preferred language

Disadvantages in the latest version of the Survey123 app, the button to capture photos is disabled

Jump to solution
4 weeks ago
JulioDumeynieu
New Contributor II

Dear, note that with the latest version 3.20.65 of the Survey123 app, the button to capture photos or upload an image stopped working, specifically when you want to edit the records from the inbox.

I would appreciate anyone who can provide a solution to this problem.

71844862-6b12-49fa-8ea7-e375dab143c3.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephanie_F
Esri Contributor

Hi Julio, 

This behavior has been documented as BUG-000168654: Image questions in Survey123 can no longer be edited via the Inbox or when opening the app via a URL using the action=edit parameter.

I would advise reaching out to Technical Support so they can help you get status updates for the bug via My Esri. 

--Stephanie

View solution in original post

18 Replies
alseahawk
New Contributor II

Seeing the same thing here.  I have a problem ticket in with Support so hopefully there will be a fix soon.

0 Kudos
Stephanie_F
Esri Contributor

Hi Julio, 

This behavior has been documented as BUG-000168654: Image questions in Survey123 can no longer be edited via the Inbox or when opening the app via a URL using the action=edit parameter.

I would advise reaching out to Technical Support so they can help you get status updates for the bug via My Esri. 

--Stephanie

RMiller
New Contributor II

Hey, I'm just curious: Does this have to do with last night's update to AGOL? If so, when will it be fixed? 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you have method=camera,browse added to the image question in the body::esri:style column?

Is it inside a repeat at all?

0 Kudos
BHickinbotham
New Contributor

Seeing the same issue and was given the BUG number from above as well.  Since I'm waiting for my account to linked to my organization, can anyone say when the bug was first documented?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
DanielCRS
New Contributor II

I have encountered the same issue with a survey that had been working fine prior to today. It does look like I can see the take photo/add attachment buttons when I am trying to collect a new survey. It is only when I am working with an existing feature via the Inbox, that I encounter this issue.

I had one device working and another not working and I suspected that it was related to camera access permissions. To test it, I turned off the camera permissions on the device the survey was working on and confirmed that the picture icon with a line through it showed up. When I turned the permissions back on, however, I no longer have the ability to take pictures/add attachments.

0 Kudos
CristianGraf
New Contributor II

Same here. Since this morning users are not be able to add new photos on submited forms.

Survey123 app was updated automtically yesterday on iPhones and Android phones. Same issue. 

On foms some have something on the ESRI parameters (action=edit), other have not.

On the left, view mode. Right one on Edit mode... same form.

CristianGraf_1-1719516282332.png

Other form/project.

CristianGraf_0-1719515929857.png

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

@ZacharySutherby   heads up on this

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello all, 

Thank you for reporting this! We are aware of the issue and is logged as BUG-000168654. We are investigating. 

CC @JamesTedrick @ChrisLeSueur 

Thank you,
Zach