Disable the Submit Button on Survey123 Form

Jump to solution
03-11-2019 06:34 PM
MaazaMekuria
Occasional Contributor

I made an informational form and wanted to disable the or at least make invisible the Submit button.  Anyway I can do that without resorting to creating the form outside Survey123? 

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @AaronPDXPaul 

It is possible to hide the submit button in the web app using URL parameters when launching the web form. The parameter to use is hide=submit. Please refer to following documentation:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/reference/integratewithotherapps.htm#GUID-D38D44E2-8CBA-4030-892...

As for the Survey123 field app, there is currently no way to disable or hide the submit button. However you can use a relevant/conditional question at the end of survey, right before the submit button, that has a constraint on it, so that when the value doesn't match, the constraint throws a custom message and/or displays a note in big red letters that says "This survey can not be submitted". You can build up the constraint to be based on several other questions or values in the survey that must be met for it to be submitted.

This can also be done for web app too if you want the submit button to be conditional versus hiding it all the time using above URL parameter.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mazza,

Are you referring to the field app or web app? Can you expand more on the use case of not allowing the user to submit a survey? Are you displaying previously entered data or passing information via url scheme? Or are you just displaying notes and using it as an informational html web page?

Currently it is not possible to hide the submit button in field app or web app as a survey is designed to collect survey responses. If you think it is a good idea and other users may benefit from it, I suggest you create it as an idea on the ArcGIS Ideas page and hopefully other users vote for it and we can access this as a new enhancement.

Phil.

MaazaMekuria
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I want to show some relevant information to an existing Survey, and may need to pass something to the user, but even if it does not pass information, the ability to have an informational form without the submission URL link would be very useful to us. I don't want to clutter the survey or make it more complicated to the average user. But those who need special information I wanted to add a link to another form where the relevant details can be queried.  I would like to have the ability to create informational forms that draw-out data from any dataset just like a survey form, but they are only for informational purposes and donot collect information.

PrachiPatel
New Contributor III

@MaazaMekuria Did you find a solution? I would definitely thumbs up this idea if you have it on ArcGIS Ideas.

0 Kudos
AaronPDXPaul
New Contributor III

We have a Survey123 that if conditions are not met, then we don't want the user to Submit. If they try to Submit, an error message appears at the top. Saying that required fields weren't entered. But that's by design. If they answer no to certain questions, we purposefully hide the other questions. Is there a way to grey out or hide the Submit Button?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @AaronPDXPaul 

It is possible to hide the submit button in the web app using URL parameters when launching the web form. The parameter to use is hide=submit. Please refer to following documentation:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/reference/integratewithotherapps.htm#GUID-D38D44E2-8CBA-4030-892...

As for the Survey123 field app, there is currently no way to disable or hide the submit button. However you can use a relevant/conditional question at the end of survey, right before the submit button, that has a constraint on it, so that when the value doesn't match, the constraint throws a custom message and/or displays a note in big red letters that says "This survey can not be submitted". You can build up the constraint to be based on several other questions or values in the survey that must be met for it to be submitted.

This can also be done for web app too if you want the submit button to be conditional versus hiding it all the time using above URL parameter.

Regards,

Phil.