Delete/hide field from a feature layer (hosted view)

Jump to solution
07-26-2021 04:54 PM
JulietK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, 

I have a hosted feature view layer, which is imported to a map, and the map will be used as a source for a dashboard. 

I am wanting the audience for this dashboard to not have access to a couple of fields in the view layer and map, due to privacy reasons. Obviously this is easy to do with the dashboard, by not creating a chart containing these fields, however I would like to prevent the audience from accessing this data in the hosted feature view layer and the table in the map. 

I am unsure how to go about this - because for them to be able to see the contents of the dashboard, I need to share the map with them (but not the view layer since that data is in the map.. I think?). I just found that it is not possible to delete a field in a hosted feature view layer.

Are there any other ways to achieve this? 

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You should be able to hide the field(s) from the Hosted Layer View.

After creation of the Hosted Feature Layer View, navigate to its Item Details page, if required > Visualization tab > More Options (...) > Set View Definition > Define Fields.

JayantaPoddar_0-1627374921555.png

Uncheck the fields that should be kept hidden.

JayantaPoddar_1-1627375034392.png

You could use the Hosted Feature Layer View in the dashboard.

Set hosted feature layer view definition 

Think Location

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You should be able to hide the field(s) from the Hosted Layer View.

After creation of the Hosted Feature Layer View, navigate to its Item Details page, if required > Visualization tab > More Options (...) > Set View Definition > Define Fields.

JayantaPoddar_0-1627374921555.png

Uncheck the fields that should be kept hidden.

JayantaPoddar_1-1627375034392.png

You could use the Hosted Feature Layer View in the dashboard.

Set hosted feature layer view definition 

Think Location