Default Answers for select_one question type not working

Jump to solution
04-23-2020 04:24 AM
BenVan_Kesteren1
Occasional Contributor III

Hey,

(XLS file attached FYI)

I have a survey based around an inbox of existing features. I have built my survey and the preview shows the defaults being selected perfectly:

Preview showing defaults working

But as soon as I test it out on Survey123 for ArcGIS, my iPhone or my Samsung Tablet, the defaults seem to be ignored.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenVan_Kesteren1

Ah I just realised my mistake... I am using the inbox functionality, so the form is reading the data already stored, instead of using any 'defaults'.... Defaults wont work on an Inbox... my bad!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BenVan_Kesteren1

Bonus points for anyone that can tell me what I am doing wrong for the Photo field to not work... you can see in the preview it is visible, but on all three examples (Samsung, Survey123 for Arc, and the iPhone) the Photo box is just empty, camera button is not visible.

Could this have to do with the fact when I published the feature layer originally there were no attachments enabled, I have since 'enabled attachments' on that table, and added the photo question to the Survey123 form??? I am guessing that might be an issue. Or is it simply not possible to add photos to an Inbox survey form?

0 Kudos
BenVan_Kesteren1

Ah I just realised my mistake... I am using the inbox functionality, so the form is reading the data already stored, instead of using any 'defaults'.... Defaults wont work on an Inbox... my bad!

0 Kudos