Data values are valid

Jump to solution
12-20-2018 08:24 AM
SarahWhitton
New Contributor

I am receiving an error when validating my Survey123 survey in the web app. I receive something that says "Data values are valid Instance name: 2nd Street 1543726800000" 

When I try to submit the same survey on the web app on my phone I receive a error code 1000 indicating I have a string that is too long. I'm not sure if these two are related?

I've attached a copy of my survey.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @AllanBrown,

I recieved the files you sent via email, however can you please confirm exactly the issue you are having? I loaded the survey and everything appears to be working fine.

You have commented on this post about "Data values are valid" and above said you have the same problem. The "Data values are valid" only applies in Connect as a way to check the values you have entered, it does not apply to field app, as when you select the tick in field app, it will submit the survey.

Do you have a screenshot or further explanation of the exact error you are seeing and where/how you see it?

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sarah,

The first message appears to bed correct - your instance name displays the time of submittal without using the format-date function (so it will appear as a timestamp).

I'm not seeing the error on submitting with a test value set- can you provide a sample set of values that reliably cause the error?

0 Kudos
SarahWhitton
New Contributor

When I access the survey through my login in Survey123 and fill it out on the computer it submits with no problem. When I validate the survey on the Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS I get the data value error with the street name. And lastly, when I try to submit it on my phone it displays the string error. I have attached a group of screen shots from that app on my phone that is giving me the error.

0 Kudos
PaulG
by
New Contributor II

Hi @JamesTedrick , I am experiencing this problem. What exactly is the solution for "Data Values are valid"

Thanks..

0 Kudos
GarrettHuffman
New Contributor II

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I'm also receiving this error and everything appears to be compatible on my form. 

0 Kudos
AllanBrown
New Contributor II

I have the same problem

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @AllanBrown,

Can you share a screenshot of the exact error? Are you seeing it in the web app or field app?

Also, how did you create the survey, via web designer or Connect? If using Connect, do you have a copy of the XLSForm file and if so can you share it?

Regards,

Phil.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @AllanBrown,

I recieved the files you sent via email, however can you please confirm exactly the issue you are having? I loaded the survey and everything appears to be working fine.

You have commented on this post about "Data values are valid" and above said you have the same problem. The "Data values are valid" only applies in Connect as a way to check the values you have entered, it does not apply to field app, as when you select the tick in field app, it will submit the survey.

Do you have a screenshot or further explanation of the exact error you are seeing and where/how you see it?

Regards,

Phil.