Data Lost When Saved as Draft

07-05-2018 05:40 PM
JonMarks
New Contributor III

Hi all, I've found since I've updated the Survey123 App on my phone (iPhone 8 using 11.3.1), that some surveys saved as a draft often lose some data when I re-edit the survey (but not all), this occurs quite regularly with my version of the Survey123 app (2.8.2). It didn’t seem to be an issue with the previous version that I was using (not sure of the version). A colleague using an iPhone 7 and IOS 11.4 is having the same issue. It's slightly random which values get lost, and sometimes on re-editing again, some values re-appear.

0 Kudos
41 Replies
LarryWiebe
Occasional Contributor

Hi Phil,

I have emailed you the xlsx form with the issue and my work around, which was removing the "repeat_count" setting for the repeat.

Thanks,

Larry

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Larry,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Finally got time to take a look at your survey xlsx forms you sent me via email. I was testing with V1c which you indicated had the repeat count issue, however I am not seeing any data lost when saving the survey form to Drafts/Sent or opening from the Inbox. I see all values I saved or submitted in the original survey loaded again when editing the survey.

I am testing with 3.10 Connect and 3.10 field app, which were recently released. Have you tested with 3.10?

If you are still seeing the issue, can you tell me exactly which fields are not loading data when you save to Drafts/Sent or Inbox and try to edit the survey? Is it just the fields inside the repeat with repeat count, or those inside groups inside repeats, or all fields in the survey?

Are you able to take screenshots or provide a video of the issue occurring, so I can try and reproduce exactly the same way?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos