Custom URL Scheme - Date Fields

05-24-2019 10:06 AM
NickFaust
New Contributor

Hi!

I'm curious if there are any tricks out there for using the custom survey 123 URL scheme to pass a "date" from a parent feature into a S123web form?  Here is an example of the url: https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/ID_NUMBER_HERE?field:GUID={GlobalID}&field:NAME={NAME}&field:Date={Date}

I am able to get text and integer fields passed from my web app into the S123 web form without issue, but not dates.  I noticed that the date value is sent in epoch time format, and the date field in the form does not receive the value.  Any tips/tricks/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Nick

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nick,

What application are you using to click on the link to open Survey123?  Different applications will express the date somewhat differently (as the primary purpose of pop-ups is human-readable display).

0 Kudos
NickFaust
New Contributor

James,

I am using Google Chrome (have also tried IE).  I am working on a desktop oriented web application.  The intent is to allow the user to be able to "archive" the attribute information for a specified polygon feature before the user performs any edits.  The idea is that the web application pop-up contains the URL to launch the Survey 123 form and prepopulate the form as much as possible with attribute information from the parent feature. The user then adds their notes about the archive, and the information is submitted. 

0 Kudos
TarunJaiswal
Esri Contributor

Thanks for all your help Nick to set me up with the survey for testing. We found that when publishing the survey from the latest version of Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS (3.3.51) the date field work as expected.

0 Kudos