Select to view content in your preferred language

Custom URL opens Survey 123 but not specific survey.

01-25-2017 10:00 AM
ClarkBryner
Deactivated User

I have followed the instructions for creating a custom URL scheme provided in https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/07/30/understanding-survey123s-custom-url-sche... wit partial success.  My URL is arcgis-survey123://?itemID=c08374910b1c41c0acc54600fcb4a148 and when clicked results in Survey 123 opening and trying to download a survey that has already been downloaded.  This process is never successful and my only option is to terminate the App (see screenshot).  I am signed in through my organizations Portal (version 10.4), survey published using Survey123 Connect (version 1.10.43) and the Survey123 App for IOS (version 1.10.25).  Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?Survey123 open and trying to download a survey that was already downloaded.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
CarlHolt1
Frequent Contributor

I will say that using all the same versions, I and my team have successfully opened surveys thru the Custom URL.

0 Kudos
ClarkBryner
Deactivated User

I mistated the version of Survey123 Connect that was used.  It was actually version 1.9.24.  I have since downloaded the latest version, but still get the same results.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Clark,

The custom URL scheme for Survey123 for ArcGIS should work with Portal for ArcGIS.

Some things to check for:

- Check that you're using the correct item ID for the survey form in the custom URL;

- Check that the user signed into the Survey123 field app is connecting to the right portal where the survey was published;

- Check that the survey is not being shared with "everyone", as this is not supported. If it is, please change the sharing property.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
VanessaSimpson2
Occasional Contributor

I am having this happen as well, but I am using AGOL, not Portal.

I now it's trying to pass the ID (see the number under the "Survey123 Link" ) because I can see it in the url of the blank page that then launches. I can't get the survey to launch automatically, or pass the info.  

any help here would be great. 

0 Kudos
VanessaSimpson2
Occasional Contributor

I finally got it to work for the Point feature service (I had a space between the = and the id string). But I can't get it to launch if I link from a line feature service. Are lines and polygons reference feature services not supported? 

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Vanessa,

As far as I know, you should be able to click on a line or polygon feature to view its pop-up, and then open a survey. Although I have not personally tested this workflow.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
VanessaSimpson2
Occasional Contributor

Derek-

It would be great for confirmation on this. I thought what James Tedrick‌ had said was that only points were supported.

Can I get confirmation on this one way or the other?

Thank you- Vanessa

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Vanessa, 

I was talking about points in a discussion on submission_url; currently Survey123 only supports submitting data to points feature classes (or tables without a shape field).  This discussion was about configuring a pop-up link to open a form; that can be done against any feature class, though the data to be submitted would only be points or a table that lacks geography- the latter is often used in inspection workflows, where the location of the asset has already been captured. 

VanessaSimpson2
Occasional Contributor

Thank you James.

For some reason I am not able to get the survey to launch from anything but a point feature service reference. I will play with it a bit more later this week. I felt like it should be able to work as it is looking at the table (not geometry) to pull the ID in, not actually draw a new line or polygon.  If I can get it to successfully work, it would be a game changer for our filed inspection workflow.  

0 Kudos