Create flow to send periodic reminders based on condition

12-15-2021 01:47 PM
Labels (1)
CharlescobBailey
New Contributor III

I am trying to set up a flow in MS power automate to check survey results monthly and send an email to those records meeting specific conditions, i.e. have not been completed within 30 days of edit date. So I just want to run a scheduled task each day that compares the submitted date from the survey and sends an email if the difference = 31 days. And then repeat every 31 days after that. But I can't figure out how to make the connection to survey123 without having the trigger condition. And I don't understand how the 'Get Surveys' action works at all, and I can't find any documentation on it to speak of. Does anyone have a good workflow that might work for this scenario? Thanks, cob

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @CharlescobBailey,

I don't believe this is possible using the Survey123 connectors and MS Power Automate. The webhook being sent from the survey form is the trigger for the flow to run, so you can't trigger the flow unless it receives the webhook payload.

I am not sure if using a different flow that can be scheduled would work, that uses http and queries the feature service, returns results and from there send the email. Other options would be using python scripts or FME, that are set up on a schedule to query the feature service and return results, and email based on returned results.

Regards,

Phil.