Copy Line and Create New Feature in Survey123

02-28-2023 10:15 AM
AprilChipman
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to use Survey123 to create a form for linemen to collect phase order information for electric lines. Is it possible to select a line in a map, click a custom url to open the survey, and have the line geometry be copied into the survey? 

If a line can't be created in the survey, can I tell the Custom URL to create a point in the middle of the line somehow?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @AprilChipman ,

Which app do you use to display the map? If Experience Builder could be a candidate, then the "Send data to this survey" capability of the Survey widget there may help: the selected line geometry on the map can copied to the map question in the survey automatically and leave other questions to fill for the user.

0 Kudos
AprilChipman
Occasional Contributor III

We are using Collector and Field Maps. I'll look into Experience Builder and see if that will work for us.

0 Kudos
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @AprilChipman 

As Zhifang as mentioned, this can be achieved using the "Send data to this survey". You can choose which questions that will send data to the survey which can include geometry. 

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
JessicaHobbins
New Contributor

Can this be done right in Survey123 Connect? I have it currently working in Experience Builder but my organization wants to be able to use it offline.

0 Kudos