Conditional questions error

Jump to solution
01-26-2022 12:29 PM
AliciaShyu
Occasional Contributor

I'm following the instructions to create subsequent conditional questions https://support.esri.com/en/Technical-Article/000022505, and I'm getting the following error:

Error converting XLSForm

There has been a program trying to replace ${rating} with the XPath to the survey element name 'rating'. There is no survey element with this name.

rating is in the "choices" tab. Enclosed is the XLS form; any pointers will be helpful. Thanks!

Tags (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Alicia,

The name of the question should be referenced in the "${}", not the name of the choice list. See the attached xlsx.

Josh

View solution in original post

AliciaShyu
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Josh, that worked!

Quick question, my commercial or residential question doesn't work. It only shows commercial. I' ve tried changing the appearance to minimal and regular horizontal but that didn't work either. Could you please see if you're getting the same issue? Thanks.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In Choices tab, A13 is empty. Please fill with appropriate value as shown below.

JayantaPoddar_0-1643232736667.png

Think Location

4 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Alicia,

The name of the question should be referenced in the "${}", not the name of the choice list. See the attached xlsx.

Josh

AliciaShyu
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Josh, that worked!

Quick question, my commercial or residential question doesn't work. It only shows commercial. I' ve tried changing the appearance to minimal and regular horizontal but that didn't work either. Could you please see if you're getting the same issue? Thanks.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In Choices tab, A13 is empty. Please fill with appropriate value as shown below.

JayantaPoddar_0-1643232736667.png

Think Location
AliciaShyu
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jayanta! 

0 Kudos