Completely hiding a cascading select

09-20-2017 05:07 PM
bobwright
Occasional Contributor

I am setting up a form where some check stations will need to complete additional information and others will not. For example, if the user selects the Forestville check station, we want to know whether or not the deer was harvested in the park. For all other check stations this question is irrelevant and I don't want to confuse those users with a label for something they don't have to respond to. Is it possible to hide both the item and the label? I tried just not including a label in the spreadsheet and got an error message. Please see the attached screen shot and spreadsheet. Thanks.

Bob

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bob

You will need to use relevant for this. In the relevant column for the question that you want to hide you would need to add something like ${station}='FORESTVILLE'. 

This will only show the fspkill question (question and label) if FORESTVILLE is selected in the station question. You would need to use or statements if you wanted this to happen for multiple stations:

${station}='FORESTVILLE' or ${station}='CALEDONIA'

It looks like you are trying to use choice filters to achieve the above - which is not the right approach.

Please let me know if this as what you are after.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
bobwright
Occasional Contributor

Hi John,

That's what I was looking for. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Bob

0 Kudos