Combining a web map application and Survey123

10-12-2021 03:10 PM
PetronilaMandeno
Occasional Contributor II

I'm working on a project to solicit fuel mitigation projects from the public as part of a CWPP (community wildfire protection plan) project list.

We decided to use Survey123 to solicit information regarding each project. Much of the information entered will be automatically used to help prioritize each project. However, there are a few questions where the submitter needs to access a web map application to get the data they need to fill out the survey.

My question: Is there a way to use the web map application in the geotrace question in the survey? And have the summary statistics from the web map application be automatically entered in other appropriate questions in the survey?

Here's a link to a Story Map containing the survey (scroll down to the middle part):

https://arcg.is/1LOKPP0

Essentially, the way I have it now, the project submitter has to enter the geometry of their project twice. We'd like to get them to only do it once (and have the data associated with the web map application be available to the survey in some way so I don't have to do a join later on). Any ideas on how to do that? Is it possible? If not, any suggestions on how to do it so that the user experience is a seamless as possible?

Thanks,

Esther Mandeno

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ManishPatel
Esri Contributor

Hi @PetronilaMandeno ,

You can use the integration option and pass any attribute or location information from the webmap to the survey using the field names specified in the survey. Please refer to the below link for more info:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/reference/integratewithotherapps.htm

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Manish
PetronilaMandeno

Thank you, Manish! I'll read through the documentation later today and see if I can figure it out.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Why not just have the form do it all?  Why draw in the web map?  123 can do both parts.  Unless I am missing something.

PetronilaMandeno

Good Morning Doug,

Perhaps *I'm* missing something. How does one get Survey123 to average the values from two other feature sources for the entered project footprint and count the number of points from another feature service within a certain distance of entered project footprint? Would I use the 'pulldata' function? Or??

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I was thinking the popup can.  You could have an Arcade expression to do all of that on the popup of 123.  That way it is dynamic.  Or as posted pass the geometry so they are both the same, then you can use either to draw and have a popup.

But 123 could possibly pull this off using the new search() function.  It can do intersect lookups to other services.  It would not be dynamic of course but you may actually want that (like num of points at the time not right now).

All depends if you want live time updates or not.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos