Colors, grids, and repeats

Jump to solution
10-09-2019 07:08 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The help says you cannot style a repeat that is inside of a grid. But it seems like I can also not style a repeat that has a gird in it?  I have a top level repeat that is not inside of anything but it does have a grid in it.  I cannot get it to change color.

My issue is I have one big master repeat around the form.  Then I also use pages.  And then some more repeats.  This causes cases where I have 2 repeat boxes stacked - which is confusing.  Is there any way to rename or style the actual 1 of 11 area yet?

The Transect repeat (A) at the top goes with the 1 of 11 at the bottom.  The Station repeat goes with the 1 of 10.

So any other ideas to make it easier for the user?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Doug,

Yes, it is more accurate to say that backgroundColor is not supported for repeats when there is the grid theme style.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Doug,

Yes, it is more accurate to say that backgroundColor is not supported for repeats when there is the grid theme style.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ok thanks James that is what I figured.  Is it in the plan?  

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Doug,

In the short term, we will update the documentation to be clearer on the level of support.  We will evaluate addressing this in the future - it would be helpful if you could file an Idea or ENH- to make it easy for other users to link in on this.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Bump since it had been almost a year.   

I am now getting this request all the time since we have forms with several nested repeats.  The users are getting lost on which repeat they are on and should advance.  And with nested repeats being weird sometimes it is causing issues when they guess the wrong one.

Ideally we could color the repeat bar at the bottom and/or the whole repeat.

Thanks for considering!

JamesTedrick

Hi Doug,

Thanks for re-raising this.  We are keeping track of this and considering it within the overall priorities of enhancements for Survey123

0 Kudos